Search Engine Optimization is a technique used in web publishing to increase web page visibility and traffic for a higher ranking in search engines and more readers. Writing an article using Search Engine Optimization requires good writing skills to make the article interesting and easy to read. Strategic placement of key phrases and keywords in the text and the inclusion of hyperlinks will boost the readership of your page. Read the following steps to learn how to write an article using Search Engine Optimization.
Write your article.
- Make sure it’s grammatically correct with no spelling mistakes.
- Give your article a title.
- Break it up into short paragraphs with subheaders.
- Use the most important keywords and key phrases as early in the article as possible, preferably in the first sentence, and in the first paragraph.
- Do not overuse keywords or key phrases. Intersperse them naturally throughout the text in the natural reading rhythm of the article. The recommended keyword density is 1-3% .
- Include the most important keywords and key phrases in titles and subheaders.
- If it makes sense in the text, put keywords and key phrases in bold or italics.
- If too many keywords are present on the content, Google search engine will assume that the keywords are stuffing. Do not make a rookie mistake and place those keyword phrases on the 155 – 200 words
- If the title includes the keyword phrase, the first sentence of the article should also have the keyword. To break the redundancy, try starting the article through a question. As the keyword is already inserted in the sentence, all you have to do is BOLD it. This will emphasize the keyword and it will make a huge effect on the Google algorithm as it scans the article.
- Similar to the first sentence, the keyword should also be present in the last sentence to emphasize the keywords more.
Include hyperlinks in the article.
- Hyperlinks are links to another web page that is relevant to your topic. You can highlight a word or phrase and add the web address to which you want to link. Make sure every link is a quality website that offers sound information and easy navigation.
Build links to your article.
- Even if you have written a great article, you must let the world know about it. Simply, share a link to your new article on Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr and encourage friends to re-share it.
- Turning keywords into a clickable link allows Google search to emphasize the keywords more and it should be done at the beginning and end of an article where the keywords are mostly located.