“Online reputation management.” Even if you’ve never heard this phrase before, you probably have a good sense of what it means. The first part (“online reputation”) is easier than ever for you or anyone else to find — just search for your camp’s name in Google.
Finding your online reputation is easy due to two main factors:
- Google is smarter than ever before. It features search results based on local factors, can autocomplete user’s searches while they type (called “Google Instant”), and tirelessly crawls the massive number of social networking sites now available.
- Local review pages and social networking sites have made it easier than ever for customers and staff (current or former) to rant or rave about your camp online.
The second part of that phrase (“management”) can seem overwhelming. “Management” poses a lot of questions: How can you manage what other people say about you online? Should you respond to negative comments you find? What do you do if these negative comments rank high in the search results for your camp’s name?
ORM trends and statistics reveal how effective it can be for your business reputation.
- 90 percent customers reveal that positive reviews are often a decisive factor for purchase.
- 65 percent internet users rely on online search as the most trusted information bank about companies, people etc.
- 85 percent buyers use the internet to research before buying anything.
- 79 percent consumers depend on both personal recommendation as well as online reviews.
- 58 percent of the Fortune 500 executives opine that ORM should be a core part of every company’s marketing strategy and branding objective.
- 84 percent marketers believe that developing trust would be the key focus area of future marketing trends and campaigns.
People often draw a comparison between SEO and ORM. ORM includes some aspects of SEO, but unlike SEO, the aim for ORM is not to increase visibility. ORM is often required to tackle the aspects bringing negativity and bad publicity to the brand. To counter this, various strategies of ORM are implemented. Moreover, ORMis a long term activity that works to improve the overall online image of your brand/company in a sustained manner.
Let’s discuss in detail about online reputation management and how it can help in improving your SEO efforts.
ORM works by placing positive results that boost the brand image on the top of search engine results. These results can be leveraged for a consistent and good brand reputation. ORM strategy is designed with the proper understanding of search engines and algorithms.Making a fool proof ORM strategy is a tedious process. Results can be achieved the way you want if you follow the aspects discussed below:
- Identify the Aspects Damaging Your Image: Several websites and social media accounts might intentionally or unintentionally ruin your reputation. You need to identify all these aspects and work out measures to keep your website away from such issues with the use of correct key search phrases.
- Use the Right Tools: Using some of the best ORM tools can help to keep business reputation positive. Some of the best ORM tools include Radian6, Reputation Defender, Sentiment Metrics, Visible, Attention etc. Choose the one that suits your purpose the most.
- Right SEO: Pay special attention to aspects like content marketing, press releases, etc. to have search engine results that depict a positive brand image. Ensure that you have a team of experts that can do everything you need to keep your brand value maintained. Ward off negative feedback, complaints and bad publicity with well-planned SEO and ORM activities.